Youth Outreach Worker, Full-Time (35hrs/week) Fort St. James
Nezul Be Hunuyeh is an Indigenous Child & Family Agency serving the communities of Nak’azdli Whut’en, Binche Whut’en, and Tl’azt’en Nation. We recognize that Nezul Be Hunuyeh head office is located on the shores of Nak’al Bun (Stuart Lake) on the Nak’azdli Territorial lands of the Dakelh peoples. Our Agency offers inclusivity, opportunities for growth, and opportunities for Cultural learning. We are offering an opportunity to become part of the Nezul Be Hunuyeh team as a Youth Outreach Worker. Under the supervision of the Youth Services Manager, the Youth Outreach Worker will deliver cultural and holistic support, service, and intervention to youth. These services include one-on-one support to youth, groups, workshops, clubs, and activities.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Connect with youth to provide culturally sensitive, trauma informed, one-to-one outreach and support
• Provide goal focused intervention through assessment and service planning
• Assist youth in developing independent living skills through mentoring, education, and referrals to services
• Facilitate workshops and activities designed to empower youth and promote healthy lifestyles
• Maintain documentation in accordance with NBHCFSS policies The Successful applicant will demonstrate:
• The ability to work under pressure, anticipate potential problems, and reduce potential risk
• The ability to successfully plan, organize, and manage time • Understanding of harm reduction models for youth and knowledge of the youth services system
• The ability to establish collaborative and working relationships with other professionals, community members, and youth
• The ability to work successfully both as a member of the Nezul Be Hunuyeh team as well as independently
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills • Cultural competency in working with Dakelh children, youth, families, and communities
• Relevant post-secondary education in Human Services and/or Youth Services or an equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience
• The ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends is required Applicant must agree to a Criminal Record Check and have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Indigenous ancestry is an asset Please submit resume and cover letter to: NEZUL BE HUNUYEH CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES PO BOX 1180 700 STUART DRIVE WEST FORT ST. JAMES, BC V0J 1P0 TEL: 250.996.6806 FAX: 250.996.6977 EMAIL: email@example.com Closing Date: January 27, 2023 at 4:00pm